Today’s money tip comes from America Saves. Dining out is something everyone enjoys. Instead of pressuring yourself to stop eating out, try something more realistic like cutting one night of dinner out. If it costs you $25 to eat out, but only $5 (even less!) to eat in, then the $20 you save each month allows you to almost completely fund a $500 emergency savings account!
Thanks again to all of you that joined us for our 2011 Celebration of Service luncheon last week. Over six hundred people helped us thank the following individuals and organizations for their commitment to lasting change in our community:
• Compassionate Leaders of the Year: Mark and Kathie Miller
• President’s Award for Excellence: Salt Lake Chamber
• Tocqueville Society Member of the Year: Commissioner Bill Sederburg, Utah System of Higher Education
• Women’s Philanthropic Network Member of the Year: Jennifer Smith, Zions Bancorp
• Young Leader Member of the Year: Rich Mrazik, Parsons, Behle & Latimer
• Outstanding Corporate Partner: Enterprise Rent-A-Car
• Outstanding Volunteer: Allen Alexander, Savage Services Corporation
• Outstanding Partnership for Community Change: Goldman, Sachs & Co., Granite School District, Voices for Utah Children, City of South Salt Lake/Hser Ner Moo Welcome Center
We’d also like to extend a huge thanks to our generous sponsors for making this event possible: American Express, CHG Healthcare Services, Rocky Mountain Power, Savage Services Corporation and Wells Fargo – Utah.
And last, but certainly not least, a special thanks to our fabulous in-kind sponsors: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for the printing of the invitations and program; Deseret Digital Media Companies for the video production; Mini of Murray for sponsoring the one-year lease giveaway of the Mini Cooper; O.C. Tanner Company for donating the Celebration of Service awards and providing consolation prizes for the Mini Cooper lease giveaway finalists; Tesoro for donating a one-year supply of gasoline to the Mini Cooper winner!
On July 28-31, 2011 the Utah Championship* will be held at Willow Creek Country Club in Sandy. Golf fans will not only have the chance to watch golf’s up and comers, but donate to United Way of Salt Lake at the same time. TICKETS Fore CHARITY™ allows individuals to buy tickets for the Utah Championship through United Way of Salt Lake and 90% of each ticket that is sold will be retained by United Way as a donation. Daily ground passes, good for any day of the tournament, are just $10.00 and weekly grounds passes are $25.00. Utah Championship* tickets are a great gift idea for clients, co-workers, family and friends so have fun AND help your community by purchasing yours through United Way of Salt Lake.
For more information or to buy tickets contact Amy: firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-746-2526
*Utah Championship is sponsored by Nationwide®, Utah Sports Commission and the PGA Tour.
What do you do with your loose change? Spend it on a drink or snack? Well, say goodbye to your unplanned drink or snack or whatever it may be and say hello to nearly $200 in savings! That’s right, if you set aside fifty cents every day for a year, you’d have just under $200. It’s almost not a sacrifice if you think about it!